2. 1900 - Paris, France
3. 1904 - St. Louis, Missouri - U.S.A.
4. 1906 - Athens, Greece
5. 1908 - London, England
6. 1912 - Stockholm, Sweden
7. 1920 - Antwerp, Belgium
8. 1924 - Paris, France
Back To Top
Jesse: (Sprinter - 4 Gold Olympic medals - 1936)
1. 100 Meter Final - 1936 Olympic Tryouts Two newspaper photographs splitting
full page images of Jesse Owens, Ralph Metcalfe,
Frank Wykoff, Sam Stoller, and Marty Glickman in
(replaced photo to newspaper
coverage -- added 2-17-04)
2. Owens is depicted in a Mullin Predicts Cartoon to be a winner in the 1936
3. Columnist Claude Newman's - For What It's Worth --
1936 Olympic Expectations
4. Frederick Graham's Column
-- Olympic Financial Woes - 1936
5. "Jesse Owens is Great"
sayeth Frank Wykoff in published letter
to his (Wykoff's) parents while in
Berlin awaiting to compete in the 100 Meter Race.
places fourth in 100 Meter Relay - Owens 1st.
7. Newspaper: USA 400
Meter Relay (Wykoff- Draper-Metcalfe-Owens) team -- World
8. Owens is mentioned in an excerpt of a newspaper article
entitled "Wykoff Star of Yank Sprint Win --
Frankie Gains Six Meters
During Anchor Lap."
9. Action newspaper photographs of
Jesse Owens passing Baton to Ralph Metcalfe entitled -- "American
Relay Off to a Fast Start.
10. Newspaper photographs of Jesse Owens, Ralph
Metcalfe, Foy Draper, and Frank Wykoff in "Speed
Their Business." (added 11-08-03)
11. Jesse Owens newspaper photo is featured in:
"Blazing Desire = Golden Moments." -- Olympic Gold 1936
Victorious Athletes 1936 Olympics
13. Newspaper - Wykoff named Jesse Owens as one
of his top foes in 100-yard Races (1958 interview reflections)
14. 1960 (April) - Newspaper article - Jesse Owens & Frank
Wykoff promise to help the Olympic Committee raise funds for the 1960
U.S.A. Olympic team. Olympics to be held in Rome, Italy.
15. Sprint Kings, Frank Wykoff and
Jesse Owens show Juvenile Hall kids on starting
16. Olympic Champions, Frank Wykoff and
are photographed while they were clowning around at Helms Hall
Athletic Foundation in April 1960 while Owens was visiting Los
Angeles to help raise funds for the 1960 Summer Olympics in
17. Jesse Owens is mentioned in an article (1959):
Saga of Sprinting" written by Ted Hasapes reviewing Frank
Wykoff's athletic life
18. Jesse Owens is mentioned in a
1968 ARTICLE (reprint) - Photographs by Larry
Bartlett - Article by Jack Levitan - Post-Advocate
Sports Writer -
"Wykoff: track great looks fondly back" .
Levitan published a summary of Frank Wykoff's
athletic life and pursuits up to the then up-coming
19. Jesse Owens
is special guest at Frank Wykoff's make-shift induction into the
National Track and Field Hall of Fame.
20. TRIBUTE TO JESSE OWENS
21. The Jesse Owens Olympic Oak Tree
at Rhodes High School -
22. Guest Book: John D. Evans poetic tribute to Jesse
Jesse, Run!" (added 3-28-06)
Back To Top